Sunday, November 8, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

I have the pleasure of directing the 1st through 3rd grade children's choir at our church. Tonight was our fall concert and the kids did a Thanksgiving Mini-Musical called "Attitude of Gratitude".
Since Cameron is in 2nd grade, he is in my choir. He "sorta" enjoys it, and I think it's good for him so I make him go. His favorite thing about choir is when there are speaking parts available! He loves acting and gets so excited at the opportunity to do so. He tells me and everyone else all the time that he "HATES" singing. So, it shocked me greatly when, at rehearsal, I was asking the kids who would like to sing a solo part and he volunteered!!! I swelled with pride :)

Anyway, he won't be winning any Grammys anytime soon, but he stepped out of his comfort zone and that makes me a very proud momma! He was VERY nervous all day, but he did a great job and was so proud of himself! He kept singing his part over and over again when we got home. He had a small speaking part, too, but it's hard to hear, so I'm just posting the video of his solo. So proud of my sweet boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment