Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wax Museum

This past month, Cameron's 2nd grade class has been working on their big wax museum project. Each kid had to choose a famous American that they wanted to learn about. They chose a book about their person and over the last few weeks they have been writing reports and turning them into speeches for the big day. This past Friday, they had to "become" their famous person and the parents got to come visit the wax museum. They all had "buttons" on their desks and when you walked by you push their button and they stand up and recite their speech.

Cameron chose to learn about Jackie Robinson. He worked so hard and was so excited about all of the interesting facts that he learned about him. I got a video of his speech that I will include here, but by the time he did this for me he was soooo tired of reciting it. This is a bit paraphrased from his original speech and he was talking pretty quickly, so hopefully you can get the gist of it! It was a lot of fun getting ready for this and watching him get so excited. I think it was a great way to get them to learn about a person that they otherwise may never have known.

Unfortunately, I took the video with my camera turned sideways :) I was really close to him and was trying to get more of him in the shot. I just assumed I'd be able to flip it, but I guess not!


Cameron Showing off his Jackie Robinson Costume
Back
Front
Cam at school...Johnny Appleseed in the background.

Christopher Columbus
Amelia Earhart
Wilbur Wright and Walt Disney
Beverly Cleary and Harriett Tubman
Abraham Lincoln and Susan B. Anthony

Unfortunately, I took the video with my camera turned sideways :) I was really close to him and was trying to get more of him in the shot. I just assumed I'd be able to flip it, but I guess not!



No comments:

Post a Comment