Monday, January 24, 2011

Cameron's 9th Birthday


As usual I am over a month behind on my blogging....but better late than never, right?

It's so hard to believe that my "baby" is 9 years old. I look at him sometimes and can't believe how grown up he looks. We are taking bets on if he'll be as tall as me by his 10th birthday. I'm thinking that it's very likely. He has always been in the 98th percentile since he was a baby. At his check up, his weight actually went down to about 95th, but for height he's off the charts. He was 4' 10"! The doctor said that him being this tall at his age and considering that he hasn't even started to mature yet, he'll most likely be around 6' 5" as an adult!!!

We had a pretty laid back day for Cameron's birthday. He had school, so I surprised him with a new shirt and watch before school. I was volunteering for the Santa Shop at school that day, so I had lunch with him. After school we stopped for some Starbucks and headed to Nana's house so she could spoil him a little. He wanted spaghetti tacos for his birthday dinner. He got the idea from the show iCarly on Nickelodeon...one of his favorites. So, that seemed easy enough and it actually didn't taste nearly as weird as it sounds.

We let Cameron pick a few close friends to take to a Cyclones hockey game on the Friday night after his birthday. His best friend was in Costa Rica visiting his family for the holidays, but he had a great time with his other friends that came. It was a fun game and the kids loved it...none of his friends had ever even been to a hockey game before, so they were all pretty excited.

On Saturday, we had a small family party at my mom & dad's house. It was a great day!

Here are a few pictures of my BIG boy. He lights up my life in so many ways and I am so proud of him!


Cam and his cousin Cody at Nana's on his birthday
Putting together his Lego racing game...

Spaghetti Tacos for his Birthday dinner!
First taste....
...and they are a hit!


Cam and his buddies Alex, Avery, and Griffin before going to the Cyclones game

Cam and his friends at the game



They got to see the Kelly Cup!

Cam got a new magic set from Nana and Pappy at his family party!
Happy Birthday to my sweet boy! I love you so much :)



No comments:

Post a Comment