Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Be My Valentine

I've never gotten too excited about Valentine's day. Brandon and I choose not to buy each other gifts because I would honestly rather spend money on something for the house (which we did and I'll hopefully be able to update about that soon) than candy that we don't need or flowers that die.

My mom has always had a family dinner for Valentine's day because it is my grandfather's birthday. Even though he passed away a few years ago, she has continued to celebrate every year by having a party for the kids. As always, it was a lot of fun and the kids all had a blast.

Cameron wanted a magic set for his birthday and my mom and dad bought it for him. The only condition was that he put on a magic show for the Valentine's party. He practiced in his room for weeks and was very excited about it. I wasn't allowed to know anything about the show he was planning! I have to admit that I was pretty impressed...he did a very good job! He even wanted to make tickets for everyone to hand out before the show.

The kids had dinner, watched the magic show, exchanged valentines, and opened their goody bags from Nana. It was a fun party for everyone!


Callie posing for pictures with her messy hair after her nap :)

Movie star in the making!


Tickets to Cameron's magic show
He was so excited!

Chinese Linking Rings


All of the kids got to be the "assistant"....they had a blast!

I wish I had a picture of Cody's facial expression....you can tell, though, that he was incredibly amazed when Cameron turned a torn up piece of paper into a brand new pencil!

Callie passing out her princess valentine cards....
Baby Ryan passed out cowboy valentines :)


Goody bags from Nana

Callie got princess lip gloss!


The kids played valentine bingo and won prizes...
My nephew Cody, my cousin Amy's daughter Kiah, and Cam...

Cameron and Amy's son Ayden
Amy's son Brenden and my nephew Cody

Callie stealing bites of Pappy's cupcake :)
Cupcake face!
More sweets? She looks like she's trying to sneak the cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment