Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cameron's First GOAL!!!

Cameron started playing ice hockey when he was 3 years old (almost 4). He LOVES it and always has tons of fun. At his age, they shuffle the positions around for the most part, but try to let the kids play the positions that they enjoy most of the time. Cameron's favorite position is Goalie, but they all have to take turns. His second choice is Defense...so for most of the games that is where he is. On November 6, 2010 his coach put him on the offensive line. They were playing at Indian Hill Winter Club against their home team. I was taking pictures and had just put my camera in my purse to pick up Callie....THAT is when it happened! Cam scored his very first Goal!

Cam had scored goals during scrimmages at practice before, but NEVER during a game. I missed the photo opportunity, but LUCKILY one of the other moms happened to be video taping the game. She got Cam's goal on film and she's doing her best to get us a copy....but it's an older camcorder. Hopefully I'll have a video to post here soon!

In the locker room the coach pulled the puck from Cam's goal out of his pocket and put hockey tape around the edge of it. He wrote the stats of the game, the date, and Cam's name on it and presented it to him. He was so excited! I snapped a picture of him with it once we got home with my phone so it's pretty grainy. The final score of that game was Crushers 5 - Indian Hill - 0. Cam's goal was number 3! Brandon and I both teared up because we are so proud of him!!!

My proud boy with his game puck!

A few action shots from the game....
Cam is #2 with the yellow helmet




No comments:

Post a Comment