Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Day 2009

Christmas was so special this year as it always is. It's by far my favorite time of the year. I enjoyed every second of it. I took tons of pictures, but I'll just share some of my favorites!


I always like to take pictures of Cameron sleeping on Christmas Eve
And now I get to do the same with Callie


I got up around 5 and showered. Everyone else was up around 5:30. We like to make the most of the day, so we always get up really early! It's one of the only times we don't hit the "snooze" button! I always make Cameron sit on the stairs while I turn the lights on the tree and get my video camera set up to capture the look of surprise. I always tease him with comments like "Looks like Santa forgot to stop by" or "Wow...I can't believe he brought you THAT!"

Santa must have liked the cookies and milk. He's always nice enough to bring the key back inside so no one else can use it.
Everyone in our family has stockings made by my grandmother. You can tell that mine has been around a lot longer than the others. She is working on Callie's but it's very hard for her to do now. I couldn't resist the adorable 1st Christmas stocking for my girl!


Cameron was very excited as always. He's 8 this year, so I know that his excitement about Santa will not last much longer. He was already starting to ask questions this year. It's so sad :( He'll get to continue in a way, though to help make Christmas magical for his sister. I'm hoping for at least one more year!!! :) Cameron didn't ask for anything big this year. His one request of Santa was an NHL game for his new Xbox 360 that he got for his birthday. He is, like most boys, obsessed with Legos and Target had the giant Indiana Jones set for half price on Black Friday, so I waited for 2 hours in the cold to get one! It was worth it to see his face! He also got some much needed storage boxes for his growing collection of Lego sets. Then a few days before Christmas he mentioned another Indiana Jones Xbox game that he wanted, so I couldn't help but get it and stick with the theme :)

Santa was a bit less generous with Callie...but she's a baby and won't understand. She was very happy with her Fisher Price Laugh and Learn home. She loves pushing all of the buttons and opening the door. Once she starts crawling (any day now) she'll have even more fun with it!

We had a lot of fun opening our gifts from each other and from Grandma and Grandpa. Callie knew just what to do after about the second gift. She wasted no time ripping the paper off. She kept trying to have a taste :)

Callie's gift from Cameron (from Santa shop) Santa and Reindeer rubber duckies and a bib that says "I love my big brother"

Cam had been asking for this game for a while!
Brandon loves his Avalanche!
Callie really liked her princess doll from Aunt Michelle...

and she LOVES her dreamland soother...
and of course like most kids...she thinks the boxes are way more fun!

After opening gifts and playing for a while we got ready and headed to my Mom and Dad's house for breakfast and more presents. Then we spent the rest of the day together relaxing a little and getting ready for Christmas dinner. In the evening my cousin and her family, my grandma, and my uncle come over for a few more gifts and the yummy dinner!


Nana always fills stockings for the kids...Daddy helping Callie with hers...

Cam showing me his new Magic card deck from his stocking
Cory and Callie playing together in their matching PJs...with a little doggie interference!

Hangin' out with Pappy. I thought this was cute the way she was crossing her legs...
Cameron opening gifts at Nana and Pappy's house
Callie with yet another new dolly :)
Opening a gift from my cousin Amy
Trying out her adorable new boots from Amy
Talking to the snowmen...
She had a blast playing with the wrapping paper!

All in all it was a wonderful day and like every Christmas I will cherish the memories that we make every year. I'm so glad that I started this blog to preserve them for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment