Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Callie's New Earrings


I have always known that we would one day get Callie's ears pierced. We considered doing it when she was a baby, but decided to wait. We almost got them done when she was about 18 months, but then we found out that she needed tubes, so we decided against it. After that, we decided that we would wait until she asked.

We recently made a trip to Colorado to visit Brandon's family. Callie's cousin, Ava, who is a year younger than her had her ears pierced. Callie was instantly fascinated with her earrings and kept touching them and talking about them. Then she would touch her ears and say "I want earyings". For the next couple of days she kept saying "I want earyings" and "Tallie's pitty ears". I kept telling her that it would hurt and that she would have "owies" on her ears. No matter what I said, she kept saying "uh huh" when I asked her if she still wanted earrings.

So...we decided to go to the mall and get them done. She was very excited about it right up until she was sitting in the chair on her daddy's lap...then she got a worried look on her face. Of course she cried and it hurt...and I got video and some pictures of my poor girl, but as soon as the lady gave her a lollipop, she was fine.

She isn't a fan of having them cleaned with the solution they gave us, but she reluctantly lets us clean them every day. She is pretty good about letting me turn them a few times every day as well. She even came up to me today and showed me that she can turn them. She said "I turn 'em" then she said "I turn oder one" then she threw her arms up and shouted "I deew it!"


"I'm not so sure about this anymore!"
"I don't think I trust you..."
"That HURT!"
"Lollipops make everything better!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment