Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Callie Grace!

Today my precious girl turned two. I LOVE this age! She's exploring, learning, growing. I love that she can now communicate with us. She's talking so much and repeats everything you ask her to.

Some of our favorite things to hear her say:

"Tamit" - which means "Cameron" but sounds a little like another word, so we just call him "Bubby" for now :)

"I fywit" (I'm flying)

"I shoppit" (I'm shopping)

"Tum on bubby" (Come on Bubby - when she wants him to come play)

"Nummy Mama?" (when I eat my lunch she always asks if it's 'nummy')

"Faynt Ew" (Thank You)

"Sawwy" (Sorry)

"I lub ew soooo much" (I love you so much)

"too heaby" (too heavy)


There are TONS more things, but that's just a few of my favorites...

Her favorite foods right now are "Appeesauce", "Chiten" (chicken), "Beenana", "Twomato", "Shoup", and "Wunch" (Lunch - which are the Gerber graduate ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese or turkey and veggies...she'd eat them every day if I let her) also of course "Tookees" (cookies).

Callie is still a tiny girl. We don't have her check up until next week, so I'll update on her weight and length later. She's wearing size 18 month clothes and size 4 shoes. She wears size 3 diapers at night but we use pull ups during the day. She is doing pretty well with potty training. She'll go for two or three days with no accidents, then go for a day without going potty once. She'll get there soon enough...I'm not too worried about it at this point.

Callie loves to sing...she sings pretty much of the time. You can tell her to sing the "daddy" song or the "mommy" song or any name that you want and she'll just start singing that person's name. It's cute :) She likes to sing her ABC's, but she doesn't know them all yet. When she sings it goes something like "Abc's abc's dubbayew x y an z I know abc's nes time sing wip meeeee"

She is pretty dramatic and can have quite an attitude at times. Right now it's cute, but we try not to give her too much attention for it because we know that the older she gets the less cute it will be. But it's hard not to laugh when she stomps her little foot and crosses her arms.

She is very helpful around the house. She loves helping mommy do the chores in the morning. She loves helping me switch the laundry. When she sees me go to the washing machine, she'll run over and say "I hep you?" I hand her the laundry and she throws it into the dryer. Cam used to do the same thing. It takes a lot longer, but it's soooo cute! She likes helping me make the beds, too. She'll carry the pillows to me and say "too heaby". She'll take the pillow cases off of the pillows and say "I did it!". She also is good about cleaning up her toys. She'll sing "teen up teen up airybody teen up" I'm not sure where she learned that, but I'm guessing she learned it in her Sunday school class.

I could go on and on and on. She's doing so many new things, talking so much, and just being as cute as she can be. I am so blessed to have such a sweet little girl.

Here are some pictures from her Birthday Dinner at Red Robin :)



singing to everyone :)


"I so sywid" (so excited!)
How sweet is that face?

enjoying her "chiten" or "chickee"
She wasn't sure what to think when the waiters sang to her...
...but she didn't take her eyes off of them...
...and as soon as they walked away, she was ALL about the ice cream :)
YUM!
And of course you can't leave Red Robin without a balloon!


No comments:

Post a Comment